Supporting and resourcing a network of organisations and professionals operating within the broader family law system to achieve the best outcomes for separating families in our region spanning from Forster to Kempsey.
Family Law Pathways Network - Port Macquarie FLPN
About Family Law Pathways Network Taree (FLPN)
About Family Law Pathways Network Kempsey (FLPN)
• Raise the understanding of the role and expertise of all professionals in the family law system; and
• Provide training in a multi-disciplinary way to network members.Our StructureFamily Law Pathways Networks are managed by a local steering committee which draws expertise across government, non-government and legal organisations. The Network is the primary organisation that brings all public, community and private service providers together including the Family Law Judiciary, Family Relationship Centre providers, Therapists, Private Legal Practitioners, Legal Aid NSW and Community Legal Centres. A Project Officer is employed to coordinate the day to day operations of the Network.Our PurposeOur purpose is to create a clear pathway for families making their way through the family law system. In order to provide a clear dispute resolution pathway for separating families, the family law system depends on cooperation between a range of service providers: the community sector, the Family Law Courts, government agencies and departments, the legal profession and the research sector.We also recognise that families may require services such as police, drug and alcohol, mental health, housing, parenting education and family violence organisations as part of the dispute resolution process.For family law practitioners this necessitates:• An awareness of all available post-separation services;
• An understanding referral processes;
• Keeping abreast of changes in the way services are provided;
• Access to family law specific professional development and Mandatory Continuing Legal Education opportunities;
• Keeping up to date with current changes to family law, regional Family Court information and legal issues at a federal and local level.For other service providers this necessitates:• An improved understanding of legal/court processes;
• Understanding requirements of courts and lawyers; and
• Keeping up to date with changes in the substantive law.
Our purpose is to create a clear pathway for families making their way through the family law system.
Take a look at our events page with up to date information on upcoming events in your area.